Friday, October 1, 2010

Causes Really Thin Legs

My week in pictures

Wednesday, 29 September 2010, SENT BY NEIL at 1:50

I got up especially early to blog about. The first mail I read was a request from Steven Moffat, Production Notes to write about my episode for Doctor Who Monthly and already the time for blogging was around again.


So instead of a thoughtful presentation of my last ten days, so I'm now on as I stopped recently, namely in pictures.



This i st Liam McKean, son of Dave McKean and Clare. He stands behind the garden thing that has made something peculiar and artistic and slightly spooky and has his sister Yolanda.


I had a wonderful day in McKean. We have blackberries and apples collected on their orchard.





This is Clare, above, as they gather blackberries. It also makes me fear and put myself in amazement that I know of the family now for over a quarter of a century.


Dave, below, has just finished his lunch at the George in Rye. I have agreed to a children's book called Fortunately, writing to THE MILK for him when I left him.


Accidentally I have many things that you can charge phones in their house forgotten, they will forget me So in any case.



I got the night at my daughter Holly (the one with the tactical eyes closed) and spent her roommate, my fearsome god-daughter Hayley Campbell, descendant of Eddie and Anne Campbell of Brisbane.



This is a photo by mistake in whimsy Black / White, Thea Gilmore and Nigel Stonier on the Radio 2 studio in Manchester the next night. Thea has released a great new album, Murphy's Heart, and here you can not hear what : http://www.theagilmore.net/welcome.cfm .



from here to Bristol, where I met Diana Wynne Jones, she went with the special-degree-as-I-got-host Robin McKinley. (For an account of their visit can be read on her blog: http://robinmckinleysblog.com/2010/09/23/fame-sort-of/ )




The last time I was here in April, it was Diana not so good. This time it was cheerful and happy. She is currently writing a new book and already know which book they want to write it and it will always remain one of my favorite people.


From an old friend to the next: Terry Pratchett and I have the following evening in Cardiff met at a sushi, due to mysterious reasons that we are yet to reveal now . And this is a picture of us as we toast to something not yet declared with champagne.




The next day was Doctor Who. Normally, writers on the set is not much to do, except connect to things and the way to be, but I had an interview with Doctor Who Confidential promised, I felt quite spoiled because I was able to do things, the authors make so much and usually only cause frown.


Such as himself in the storage room for props sneak and look Daleks, you can hug. (Fortunately, I have not seen a weeping angel.)



For example, an interview with Charlie McDonnell on the steps of the TARDIS

( http://charliemcdonnell.com/an-explanation / )



Or steal for example, a TARDIS, and the infinite void of time and to explore space and to fight evil wherever it occurs ...



Sorry. Did I really say now? I meant, of course, to get a picture of myself on the TARDIS set.


I said goodbye to director Richard Clark, and the remarkable Matt Smith (who can even mean something boring lines sound good) and leave Cardiff , the last train to Heathrow missed and shared so a taxi with a Greek doctor, who came from Swansea, and had missed his last train, too. A few hours sleep and then I flew to Boston ...


Where I worked on Sunday morning as a roadie for Evelyn Evelyn did while they were performing at the Yo Gabba Gabba ! Concerts to an audience consisting of three year olds and their parents.




They played "Elephant Elephant", what do you animated dolls here to view it.


I like this picture of her in the dressing room of the Wang Theatre.




Then I went over to Boston Public Library, where Karen Hesse, Jerry Spinelli, Grace Lin and I as a Literary Lights for Children received were: http://www.bpl.org/general/associates/literarylightschildren.htm


It was a wonderful event, full of enthusiastic school children and a subsequent signing. I spoke last and when I was finally his turn, had Jerry and Karen and Grace have said everything that could be said, I spoke about the importance of daydreaming and why you should occasionally look out the window or actually quite a lot .



gave my future mother-Kathy Monday evening for Amanda and me an engagement party, which is very nice of it was, and has a lot of fun. I have met many of Amanda's neighbors and friends and relatives and some of my cousins came to make up the numbers present again. (Here you can read the last days of Amanda's point of view in her blog .)


And yesterday I finally saw Amanda in Steven Bogart Cabaret production in ART Theatre. I will not rave about here now like this, because the last tickets were already sold out as the first highly laudatory reviews just been published. But it was masterful. The things that I during a screening during the sample had a problem, everyone was gone.


been to Cabarete is Amanda's Late Night Cabaret, an event without having a plan with the notable performer Meow Meow, and then Amanda itself Unfortunately I have no pictures of Meow Meows Crowd Surfing.


Below are the comments of the press from its website : understate you.



Meow Meow, accompanied by Lance Horne.




Amanda and Meow Meow in a duet of "Fake Plastic Trees".


The Late Night Cabaret takes place tonight, again, the tickets are cheap and get here until 20:30 https: / / www.ovationtix.com/trs/pe/8419705 or she buys it on entrance. Maybe you bring some flowers that you can throw at Meow Meows show. If you're in Boston, please come. You will like the Cheshire Cat says to see me there.


0 comments:

Post a Comment